This article describes how to enable Mailbox Archive Restrictions and configure Archive Restriction List to add the list of users, groups, or mailboxes to be restricted.
- Before enabling the archiving restrictions: deactivate the journaling mailbox in Archiver.
- After enabling the archiving restrictions (steps in the Solution section below): check the usercntmaad.txt to verify that the included/excluded users match your expectations.
Not following these instructions may lead to unexpected data loss with missing emails. Please also review the Comprehensive Overview of Missing Emails article for more information.
- Open Archiver admin interface.
Click Archive Restrictions.
Click Change Settings.
Select Enable Archiving Restrictions.
- Choose one of the Mailbox Archive Restrictions options listed under:
- Using an exclusion list
- Using an inclusion list
Click Manage Restrictions.
Type in the names of addresses of groups or users to restrict.
- Click add to make them a part of the restriction list.
Additional Important Information
- When Manual Archiving is configured, all users in an inclusion list can manually archive items using Archive Assistant if any of these options are enabled.
- After enabling Archive Restrictions, always click Manage Restrictions to add the list of users, groups, or mailboxes to be restricted. The configured restrictions do not come into effect if the list is not generated.
After enabling restrictions users can confirm if the setting is in place by navigating to the Archiver Console > Archive Tab, and reviewing archived mail for the user. If no new mail is being archived for the user then the restriction is in place.
Disable Mailbox Archive Restrictions