This article shares information around understanding and using archiving rules in GFI Archiver. The article also provides links to related articles to manage the rules after creation.
- A number of Archiving Rules can be set up to determine what emails are archived.
- Rules are created based on different condition criteria (shown in Adding Archiving Rules in GFI Archiver), and GFI Archiver applies each rule against incoming and outgoing emails that match configured rules.
- If a rule is matched, the email is archived and moved to the configured folder.
- These rules are applied by any user who wants to manage and organize their emails into separate folders.
- GFI Archiver applies rules from top to bottom of the list.
- Rules can be moved up or down in priority using these steps:
- Open GFI Archiver admin interface.
- Go to the Configuration tab
- Click Archiving Rules.
- Arrange the order of rules using the arrow buttons as seen below.
- Emails or calendar items archived through the Archive Assistant get archived irrespective of any rules set in Rules-Based Archiving.
- This feature is disabled if Rule-Based Archiving is not enabled in the Archiving Method wizard. For more information, refer to Configuring Archiving Method.
- Please be careful as enabling this feature may breach company policy or legal compliance related to email retention.