This article indicates folders that need to be excluded when running antivirus (AV) software on the same machine as Archiver.
Antivirus software may cause Archiver to malfunction. This occurs when such software tampers with files (especially emails temporary stored in the file system during processing) used by Archiver. It is therefore advised to exclude the following folders including subfolders from any antivirus software (on-access and on demand) running the Archiver server:
Installation folders (default):
- C:\Program Files\GFI\Archiver or C:\Program Files\GFI\MailArchiver
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\GFI
Note that the 64bit versions of GFI MailArchiver 2013 or older did install into these folders by default:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\GFI\MailArchiver
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\GFI
Exclude the index and the Archive Store locations from antivirus scans. The default Index and Archive Store locations are:
- <GFI Archiver Installation folder>\Indexes\default
- <GFI Archiver Installation folder>\Databases\default
Please also exclude:
- Microsoft SQL database files (mdf/ldf extensions)
- Firebird databases (fdb extension)
- Binary folders
Note: You can change the Index and Archive Store locations after installing GFI Archiver. For information, refer to the Configure New Archive Store Settings and Configure search indexes articles.