Archiver offers different archiving options. Depending on your infrastructure and organization objectives, you can use the Archiving Method to define how Archiver collects items for storage in the archive stores.
To include or exclude specific mailboxes from archiving, learn about Archive Restrictions.
IMPORTANT: Items are not archived if an Archiving Method is not configured.
Follow these steps to configure an Archiving Method in Archiver:
- Open Archiver admin interface.
- Go to the Configuration tab.
- Select Archive Sources.
- Click Archiving Method.
- Click Configure Archiving Method.
- From the Archiving Method Wizard page, choose the preferred method from available Archiving Methods and Click Save.
- More than one method of archiving can be chosen at a time.
- For example, users can enable Manual Archiving and Auto-Archiving (Journaling) for All Emails at the same time.
Refer to the table below to learn more about each method:
After choosing how the system will go about archiving mail in your environment, as long as the archive stores have been configured, attempt to archive mail.
- If using Manual archiving, use one of the tools mentioned above to manually select a mail for archival.
- If you are using Journaling, send an email (within any parameters you may have set for Rules if this option was selected), log in to the Journal mailbox, via Outlook Web Access for example and verify if it is removed from the Journal mailbox. If mail is being removed from the Journal this is an indication mail is archiving.
If the mail is archived you will be able to find it by launching the Archiver Console > Archive Tab shortly after it's archival once it has been indexed.