This article shares the process to create a new user dedicated to email journaling with an Exchange Online license in Microsoft 365. All emails exchanged between your users will be forwarded to this mailbox. The article also shares links to recommended articles explaining more actions for seamless integration of Archiver with Microsoft 365.
- Follow the steps listed in the Add users and assign licenses at the same time to create a new user for the journaling mailbox. Note that you do not need to give this user administrative rights.
- Assign an Exchange Online license for the newly created user so that they have mailbox access.
It is highly recommended to perform the following additional tasks to ensure seamless integration between GFI Archiver and Microsoft 365:
- Configuring Read Receipts for Incoming Emails in Microsoft 365 Mailbox
- Configuring Rule to Delete Read Receipts for Emails Sent by Journaling Mailbox in Microsoft 365
- Configuring Rule to Remove Read Receipts Header in Notifications for External Senders in Microsoft 365
- Disabling Anti-Spam Protection in Microsoft 365
- Disabling Automatic Processing of Calendar Items in Microsoft 365 Journaling Mailbox
- Disabling Deleted/Recoverable Items Folder in Microsoft 365 Journal Mailbox