Journaling Mailbox is a type of mailbox that stores a copy of all emails in an organization. GFI Archiver connects to the mail server, downloads the emails stored in the journaling mailbox and stores them in Archive Stores.
Once emails are downloaded from the mail server, they are removed permanently from the journaling mailbox to free up resources on the mail server. Depending on the archiving method selected, GFI Archiver can be configured to connect to mail servers to retrieve emails for archiving.
This article shares the process for activating, deactivating, or removing existing journaling mailboxes.
Follow these steps:
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Click Mail Servers to Archive.
- Select a Journaling Mailbox.
- Deactivate to deactivate an existing journaling mailbox.
- Activate to activate a previously deactivated journaling mailbox.
Delete to remove journaling mailbox permanently.
IMPORTANT: Deleting a journaling mailbox in GFI Archiver is an irreversible procedure. Journaling mailbox emails cannot be retrieved if deleted.
- IMPORTANT: Deleting a journaling mailbox in GFI Archiver is an irreversible procedure. Journaling mailbox emails cannot be retrieved if deleted.
- To verify the change, do the following:
- Close all windows.
- Open GFI Archiver again.
- Go to Configuration> Mail Servers to Archive.
- Verify whether the journaling mailbox that you have just modified is configured accordingly.