Preview pane does not show contents of selected email
When logging in, the Archive tab does not show the body of the selected email in the preview pane.
This occurs when the htmlscrubber_x64.dll is not registered after a new install or upgrade.
- blocked installer
- AV solution that blocked permissions on install; it's recommended to temporarily disable during install
- Open an elevated cmd/powershell
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\GFI\common
- run "regsvr32.exe htmlscrubber_x64.dll" and "regsvr32.exe strmobj.dll"
- Refresh browser and check
- services don't need to be restarted, but if the display still doesn't show, force clean cache CTRL+F5 and retry or open in private/incognito
- only htmlscrubber_x64.dll is required for the body preview to work, but since that hasn't been registered, it's recommended to register both
- in special circumstances, the \Common Files\ might not have a GFI folder; if so, it's best to reinstall the product
Settings are retained when reinstalling and it's best to reinstall the product, taking into account the environmental factors above.