This article explains why a 'Full Access' user may not be able to delete mail from the archive.
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
If emails are deleted from the archive store by mistake, this can have serious implications. Deletion of items is disabled by default within the product.
- Open the GFI Archiver web page.
- Navigate to: Configuration > Deletion.
- Select Enable deletion.
- Uncheck the option: Leave a copy of the item in the Archive Stores accessible by a user with View All Items permission.
- Navigate to: Configuration > Roles and Permissions.
- Ensure that the user who shall have the ability to delete items has assigned the "delete items" permission(s):
- Delete items (from own mailbox)
- Delete items
NOTE: The default role "Full Access and Administrator" grants all permissions.