Microsoft 365 (previously known as Office 365) is an online productivity suite with hosted services complementing or replacing in-house servers and applications. A typical Microsoft 365 deployment uses Exchange Online and users connect to it using the native Microsoft Outlook application or using the hosted version of Microsoft Outlook.
Use the following information related to software and hardware requirements and other important settings to ensure the successful integration of Archiver with Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Plan deployment with configured users.
- Archiver deployment.
For more information on how to install Archiver, refer to the Administrator Guide.
Microsoft 365 Setup Requirements
- Registered DNS domain
- Access to the domain’s DNS setup
- Active Directory or GFI Directory domain for the registered DNS domain
- Strong Password Policy for the domain
- Ensure that user accounts on your local domain Active Directory or GFI Directory machine and email addresses in Microsoft 365 Active Directory match.
- Open outbound ports on your firewall (80, 443, 993, 587)
- (Optional) An email account with a third party provider (such as outlook.com) to use as the journaling mailbox.
- For a full list of software requirements for Microsoft 365, visit the Microsoft website.
Important Directory Service Settings
GFI Archiver can use one of the following directory services:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- GFI Directory (Available from GFI Archiver 2015 or later)
GFI Archiver relies on data within the directory service while processing and archiving data. This data is also used in other areas of the product. In Microsoft Exchange environments, this data is normally always present as Microsoft Exchange populates it automatically. However, in non-Exchange environments such as Microsoft 365, this data is not necessarily present and must be populated accordingly for GFI Archiver to work as intended. More details about what information should be present in the directory service can be found in this article: Users Do Not See Their Emails in Non-Exchange Environments of Archiver.
GFI Archiver and Office 365 (now called Microsoft 365) Deployment Guide