This article provides the steps to process emails for which the import process was paused due to a discrepancy in the date ranges configured in the GFI MailArchiver Import Configuration.
While importing emails to GFI MailArchiver using the Import Export Tool, the process is paused with the following error:
A large number of emails have a date that does not match any of the date ranges covered by the databases configured. Export processes suspended indefinitely. Please check the manual for troubleshooting.
The error above indicates that a large number of emails extracted by the Import Export Tool do not match the date range that has been configured in the Import Configuration. These emails will not be archived and will be moved to the Unclassified folder, located at
To make sure only a minimal amount of emails are exported incorrectly, once the Unclassified folder contains 500 emails, the Import Export Tool stops exporting emails and returns the error above.
The name of the files stored in the Unclassified folder indicates the date the email was received/sent. This will allow the administrator to configure Archive Stores in the Import Configuration to cover the period for the unclassified emails.
Emails in the Unclassified folder are renamed as follows:
First, determine if you want to archive the emails in the Unclassified folder. If these emails do not need to be archived, you can delete the emails and the GFI MailArchiver Import Export Tool will resume with the processing of other emails.
If the emails need to be archived, you would need to perform the following procedure to process the emails in the Unclassified folder:
- Navigate to the
- Determine the date range of emails in the directory by opening the .EML file and viewing the received/sent date from the Email Message header.
- Modify the Import Configuration within the Import Export Tool to include all dates from imported emails.
- Move the emails from
- The Import Service will now proceed to archive the emails.
- Depending on the situation, you might also need to modify the cut-off time configured in the Import Export Tool.
- Spam emails are often sent with corrupt mail headers, making it impossible for the GFI MailArchiver Import Service to determine the date received for those emails. These emails will be found in the Unclassified folder, often with an incorrect date. It is recommended to delete such emails from the Unclassified folder.