This article describes the error and its resolution, which occurs when trying to enable the Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval feature:
No mailboxes found associated with mailbox provided
The Debug logging shows the following details:
"error ","UMPoll.EWSPollTest","error:DoTest: No Mailboxes Returned"
"error ","FolderStructureRetrievalWizard","ERROR:Create_ERR: Failed while testing connection, No Mailboxes found"
"error ","FolderStructureRetrievalWizard","ERROR:Create_ERR: Requested finishing of steps (with error). Stopping on step: TestConnection. With error: No mailboxes found associated with mailbox provided."
- GFI Archiver
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 or newer or Microsoft 365 (previously known as Microsoft Office 365)
- Trying to set up the Mailbox Folder Structure Retrieval feature using the EWS protocol
- Users have not been created in GFI Directory.
- The user's email address in the directory service (Active Directory or GFI Directory) does not map correctly to the user object in the email environment. For example:
- GFI Archiver is installed into a Microsoft 365 mail environment
- A user has been created in Active Directory or GFI Directory: John Smith with the email address email@example.com
- But the corresponding user object in Microsoft 365 has a different email address configured: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User objects have been set up and do exist in the directory service, which is used (Active Directory or GFI Directory).
- The user objects in the directory service have the email address set to the very same address as the corresponding user in the mail environment.