This article describes the error and its resolution, which occurs when you are adding/editing an archive store and trying to specify/edit the index path, and the following error message is displayed:
Search Index File Location specified is invalid
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
The folder contains a corrupt index. An index which does not belong to the database or the folder is empty.
- Confirm that:
- Sufficient disk space for the Search Index Location is available.
- No other index is present in the same folder.
- Anti-Virus software has exclusions set and does not scan GFI Archiver folders.
- While going through the Archive Store Wizard, specify the Search Index Location as either:
- The path that contains the healthy index of the database.
- Or specify a non-existent path (do not create the empty folder* beforehand).
If you already have a desired path, you can add the following to the index path \index. This will create the index folder inside the desired folder.
*For example: If you want the index to be created in
e:\Indexes\2010 Jan - Febmake sure the subfolder 2010 Jan - Feb does not exist. Then choose
e:\Indexesvia the folder picker in the Archive Store Wizard and add
\2010 Jan - Febmanually.