Archiver creates an endless amount databases on the Microsoft SQL Server until there is no disk space left on the drive which holds the database files (MDF/LDF).
The debug log ..\Store\Debuglogs\ManagementProviders.log reads:
;message: MODIFY FILE failed. Specified size is less than or equal to current size.
;SqlException. Error No: 5039. Error Code: -2146232060. SeverityClass: 16
- Microsoft SQL Server
Method 1 (preferred)
- Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Connect to the instance which is used by Archiver
- Navigate to: Databases > System Databases
- Right click on the model database and select Properties
- Select the Files page
- Configure the Initial Size (MB) values for the MDF and LDF files to the values
- 3MB for the MDF file
- 1MB for the LDF file
- Save the settings
- The values can be set to a higher value, but must be lower than the default sizes configured in GFI Archiver
- The default values in GFI Archiver are:
- 1024MB for the MDF file
- 100MB for the LDF file
Configure GFI Archiver to create the Microsoft SQL Server databases with a larger size than what is configured in the model database.
How this can be achieved is outlined in: How to change the initial size of the SQL database automatically created by GFI Archiver
The model database of the Microsoft SQL Server is configured with an equal or larger Initial Size than the size which GFI Archiver tries to create the database with (the default size within GFI Archiver is 1024MB for the MDF file and 100MB for the LDF file).