By default, GFI Archiver Import Service uses the ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS folder structure for import operations. If the drive where GFI Archiver is installed has a limited amount of disk space, it would not be possible to import a large number of emails due to the limited disk space to store the emails temporarily on disk. The following procedure explains how to change the GFI Archiver Import Directory to another disk on the same server.
NOTE: This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Stop the GFI Archiver Import Service.
- Create the new GFI Archiver Import Folders on another disk. The directories should be as follows:
- Pickup: Example: E:\MARCImport\Pickup
- Queue: Example: E:\MARCImport\Queue
- Once you have created the folders described above, browse to the following folder: ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Data
- Open the product.config file using Notepad.
- Locate the old location of the GFI Archiver Import Service Pickup, Queue and Unclassified directories. These can be found at the following keys:
<add key="DSTargetDir" value="Pickup" />
<add key="EnvelopeTargetDir" value="Queue" />
- Modify the keys mentioned above to reflect the new directories location. Using the example locations in Step 2, the keys would need to be modified as follows:
<add key="DSTargetDir" value="E:\MARCImport\Pickup" />Note: When performing an export using the Import Export Tool, the destination directory needs to be updated to the new directory instead of ..GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Pickup
<add key="EnvelopeTargetDir" value="E:\MARCImport\Queue" />
- Save changes to the product.config file.
- Start the GFI Archiver Import Service.
NOTE: When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.