This article provides general steps for you to follow when testing the connection to a Journal Mailbox, and it may be used during troubleshooting, or to confirm if a recently created journal is working as expected.
- Open the Journal Mailbox via the mail server's web interface, e.g., Microsoft OWA when using Microsoft Exchange, and make sure that it can be accessed without problems.
- Open the Archiver web page.
- Navigate to Home > Status Overview > Journaling Mailboxes and make sure that no errors are displayed.
- Navigate to Configuration > Mail Servers to Archive and make sure that the entries are marked as Active.
- Select an entry and click on Edit.
- Go through the wizard, make sure that settings are correct and valid, and that the wizard completes with no errors.