You may need to upgrade GFI Archiver to the current version, migrate to a new server, or simply upgrade to the latest available release. This article provides instructions on checking the installed version and considerations to keep while upgrading. We recommend running the latest release of the product to ensure that the users will be able to enjoy the latest product improvements, features, and bug fixes.
Checking the currently installed version
Navigate to the homepage of the Archiver console and you should see the currently installed version in the top-center of the screen as below:
Downloading and installing the latest version
- Download the latest version of GFI Archiver. You can alternatively download a specific version for your license from the same article.
- Get the upgrade instructions from the GFI Upgrade Center based on your environment and currently installed Archiver version. Here are direct links for instructions to upgrade to the latest version of Archiver for your convenience.
Upgrade from version 15 Upgrade from version 14.x Upgrade from version 12.x Upgrade from version 2015 Upgrade from version 2014 Upgrade from version 2013 Upgrade from version 2012
Points to consider
- As indicated in the upgrade instructions, make sure to Unblock the executable before running the installer. This commonly forgotten step causes unexpected issues with product functionality. Right-click the newly downloaded installer and choose Properties. From the General tab, click Unblock and then Apply.
- Even though the upgrade download link on the instructions page indicates you are downloading a trial version, it is indeed the fully functional version that you can use if you have a valid license.
- (Optional) If you need to perform a server migration as well, please refer to Moving GFI Archiver to a new server article.
After a successful upgrade, you will be able to see the latest version installed when you check for the currently installed version as mentioned above. You can also check the current latest release by reviewing the Product Releases page.
These are common upgrade issues along with their solutions: