AnswerThe Exchange Remote Connectivity Analyzer is a great tool which you can use to test auto-discovery issues over the internet.
To run this tool, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to http://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com
- Select Outlook AutoDiscover
- Click Next to continue
- Fill in the values for e-mail address, password and check that you understand the acknowledgements and so on
- When done, enter the verification code
- When you click Next the actual tests are conducted and if all goes well you should see the results in approximately 30 seconds:
The red cross indicates something went wrong, the green arrow indicates the tests are successful. Please note that not all steps need to be successful. In the above figure for example the Autodiscover test in the root domain fails, but the FQDN Autodiscover.exchange14.nl is successful.