PROBLEMAfter installing the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector, the GFI Archiver search page does not appear when the user clicks the ‘Search' subfolder within Microsoft Outlook 2007 or newer under the GFI Archiver Mailbox.
- GFI Archiver
- Outlook Connector installed on Outlook 2007 or newer
SOLUTIONThe following is a Microsoft article which explains the resolution to the issue:
You cannot add a URL to the Address box on the Home Page tab in Outlook 2007
For Microsoft Outlook 2010:
- If you follow Method 1, download the Office 2010 Administrative Templates from here
- If you follow Method 2, in step 3, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security and not HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security
- For both versions when you are following the procedure documented in Method 2, if you do not see the full key structure by default, you should create it manually.
- Current versions of the Outlook Connector contain a Search button in the its ribbon. Linking to the GFI Archiver search page using a folder within a mailbox is a legacy method.