- When using Archiver with a Microsoft 365 (previously known as Microsoft Office 365) mailbox, responses to the read receipts are sent out by the journaling mailbox.
- When emails sent with a request for a read receipt are removed from the journaling mailbox and archived by Archiver, the following error is generated, regardless of whether the intended recipient of the email read it or not:
Your email was deleted without being read.
- Microsoft 365
Because of how Archiver removes messages from the journal mailbox, emails that are sent with a request for a read receipt generate an automatic reply saying the email was deleted without being read, regardless of whether the intended recipient of the email read it or not.
Create these rules in the order as outlined below for your Microsoft 365 Journaling Mailbox:
- Disable notifications for read-receipts requests for incoming emails
- Disable read-receipts notifications for emails sent by external senders
- Disable read-receipts notifications for emails sent by the journaling mailbox itself