This article explains why some messages are 'skipped' when importing items into GFI Archiver using the Import Export Tool.
While importing items, the tool might show certain items as 'Skipped' for one of the following reasons:
- The item was flagged as already imported by a previous job in a Microsoft Exchange mailbox, public folder, or PST file.
- The item has a date outside of the specified time range (this includes drafts).
- The item is not an email or a calendar item (for example tasks or sticky notes).
- Calendar items are skipped when connecting to Exchange via EWS or WebDAV.
- Only when connecting via MAPI (Messaging Application Programming Interface) do such items get processed.
- More information on skipping details can be found in the SkipFail log located at:
- Here is an example of a log entry:
SKIP: Reason: [ OutOfDateRange ]
Details: Subject: [ This is a draft, it was deleted and has never been sent ]
ItemID: [AQMkAGIxNTUAYzI2NC04YzVjLTRkZAEtYTQ4Ni0zN2Y2NTNmMjU0YmYARgAAA0sHarfzh0VBmTgkno9CL6AHAJ2OHohvkSdKod0m/jTT1jUAAAMiAAAAnY4eiG+RJ0qh3Sb+NNPWNQAAAsdaAAAA ]
ItemType: [ IPM.Note ]
DateOfExport: [ 7/9/2014 10:23:17 AM ]
MsgSentDate: [ 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM ]
Owner: [ email@example.com ]
FolderName: [ Deleted Items ]
ExportID: [ 8c5c9673-0f8b-4e1e-989c-96d117976143 ]
The field/value MsgSentDate: [ 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM ] indicates the item has been skipped due it being a draft email. Such items do not have a Sent Date set and the Import Export Tool defaults to the mentioned one instead.
Note that enabling Debug Mode is essential to see most log files. Please refer to our article about Gathering Troubleshooter Logs for Archiver for more details.