This article answers the query: Why is the calendar view empty in GFI Archiver?
- The calendar view is not populated by items like meeting request emails which are archived via the journal mailbox.
- To get the Calendar View in Archiver the Calendar Items need to be manually imported. This is because regular calendar items don't go to the journaling mailbox you have defined (because they aren't emails) there is no way for Archiver to see them and archiving them using the "Auto Archiving" method is not possible.
- Calendar items that have a start time in the future will be skipped and do not get archived.
- Support for archiving of calendar items & meeting requests was introduced with GFI Mail Archiver 2013 R2.
There are two ways to populate the calendar view:
- The Archive Assistant can archive calendar items which will populate the calendar view. Here is a procedure to get the Calendar Items to be Displayed in Calendar View in Archiver:
GFI Archiver has a "Manual Archiving" method that can be used to periodically query Microsoft Outlook and update the archive store. Please be advised that scheduled events (i.e. events that start in the future) will not be archived. In order to Importing Calendar Items via Archive Assistant please do the following:
1. Install the Archive Assistant tool in all of the client PCs you need to archive
- This tool works as a plug-in for Microsoft Outlook
- It can be installed through AD Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Make sure to specify the proper URL for Archiver (including "https://")
- This is an independent feature of the Automatic or Journaling archiving process and it won't interfere with it
- We recommend limiting the scan to the "Calendar" folder and the "Archive Types" only to "Calendar items", avoiding unnecessary extra load on the client side since the emails are already archived through journaling. The other settings need to be defined according to your needs.
- After clicking next, you need to define the behavior for deleting the events in the client software (Outlook) after they have been archived
- It may take a while for all users to show
- Once they are shown, select the users and assign the default setting you just created. Once you click on "Use Default Settings" the change should reflect on the console
- Depending on the configuration you specified in Step 3, the import might take a long time to start
- GFI Archiver has a "Manual Archiving" method that can be used to periodically query Microsoft Outlook and update the archive store. Please be advised that scheduled events (i.e. events that start in the future) will not be archived. In order to Importing Calendar Items via Archive Assistant please do the following:
- Historical calendar items can be imported using the Import Export Tool.