This article will provide the process for installing the Archive Assistant Outlook Plugin
- Manual Archiving must be enabled for the tool to be used
- Outlook must be installed on the client device
Follow the steps below to download and install the Archive Assistant Tool
- Open Archiver.
- Click Client Access tab.
- From Archive Assistant area, click Download Archive Assistant. The following file is downloaded to your machine:
Note: This file can also be copied from the Client Tools folder under the installation directory (Default is ..\Program Files\GFI\Archiver\Client Tools)
- The installation wizard should now start automatically. Click Run and follow the wizard to install.
- If the installation wizard does not start automatically, locate and double click the file downloaded in step 3 above.
- The URL needed during installation is the GFI Archiver Console URL where you downloaded the Archive Assistant tool from. (Default is http://hostname/Archiver/)
When Archive Assistant is installed, it automatically registers itself with Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft Outlook will attempt to connect to GFI Archiver using the URL specified during installation.
The Archive Assistant adds buttons for manual archiving to toolbars, ribbons, and/or menus within Microsoft Outlook. To verify successful installation, check that Archive buttons are now visible within Microsoft Outlook.