Users may report that retention policies are not working after Archiver upgraded from the previous version. When attempting to use Retroactive Retention to delete unwanted emails, to confirm the completion of performed action by checking the RetroRetentionSettings.xml log, they did not find any update in it.
Users are not sure whether Archiver is working correctly or not and have a concern that it may unnecessarily pile up unwanted emails.
- GFI Product: Archiver.
- Build# 20170623.
- Version# 12.
- Windows 2008 Server R2.
After upgrading Archiver, it is not able to sync up correctly with RetroRetentionSettings.xml log files due to which retention policies are working, but they are not able to update the logs.
To resolve the error mentioned previously, follow the steps below:
- Stop the GFI Archiver Store service.
- Go to the Archiver installation folder, Program Files\GFI\MailArchiver\Store\Data
- Rename the RetroRetentionSettings.xml file to RetroRetentionSettingsold.xml.
- Restart the GFI Archiver Store Service.
- Try applying the retention policy again.
After applying the steps provided, the user can try running the Retroactive Retention and confirm it is updating the logs accordingly.