Consider the following symptoms:
- All indexes are showing as invalid under Configuration > Archive Stores
- When trying to rebuild an index, the rebuilding does never begin
- Trying to search for emails is not successful
- No index or search related activity appears to work
With debug mode enabled, the following error is being logged when the Archiver Search service is being started:
2015-01-14,10:39:37,051,1,"#00000D54","#00000004","error ","IndexManager","error: While initialising IndexManager: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
; at dtssSetOptions2(dtsOptions2* , Int16* )
; at DOptions2.Save(DOptions2* )
; at dtSearch.Engine.Options.Save()
; at MArc.Search.Core.DtSearchEnvSettings.ApplySearchOptions()
; at MArc.Search.Core.IndexManager..ctor()"
- Archiver (64bit versions)
- All supported environments
- Open the folder: C:\Windows\System32
- Check if the following file exists: dtengine64.dll
- Move the file to a another folder to ensure that this version is not loaded (for example to the desktop)
- Reboot the server
- If dtengine64.dll is not present in the mentioned folder, search through all folders on the whole system for it and move the files away - but do not move the current versions of the files out of the subfolders of the GFI Archiver installation folder.
- If another dtSearch product or another 3rd party product which integrates the dtSearch engine is installed on the system above procedure might break it.
An old version of a DLL file of the dtSearch indexing engine is present on the system which prevents the current version present in the installation folder of GFI Archiver to be loaded successfully.