The web interface gets stuck when loading and accessing the security test (http://<serverIP>/<ArchiverVirtualDirectory>/securitytest.ashx) and returns the following errors:
- Windows 2008 Error: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
- Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2011: Error: Non Controlled 500 Error. Please try test manually!
- User may also receive the following errors:
Internal Server Error.
Full page exception!
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
- After installing some 3rd party tools, the rights to modify the web.config configuration file are revoked.
- Learn more about by referring to the Overview of Feature Delegation in IIS.
Follow these steps to resolve this issue:
- Open IIS 7.0 Manager (Start > Run > inetmgr.exe).
- Select the connection to the local server in the tree view on the left side.
- Scroll down the feature list, find Feature Delegation and double-click to open.
- Click the Error Pages feature to see the delegation options.
- Set it to Read/Write.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the following features:
- Handler Mappings
- Authentication - Windows
- Authentication - Digest
- Also, ensure the 'Network Service' account has full permissions on the following directories:
- ..\GFI\Archiver and all subfolders
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET and all subfolders