Product: GFI MailArchiver 2011 R2
- Smart phone support: Search your email archive on the go with mobile web support for Android, Blackberry and iPhone
- Retention Updates: Admins now have new options when it comes to retention. The new options let organization retain by email size, attachment size and attachment extension
- Outlook Connector: Outlook Connector users can launch a search window by clicking on the Search toolbar/ribbon button
- GFI MailArchiver Import Export tool is more resilient to slow I/O throughput environments
- Improved Web UI response time
- Under certain conditions Forms Authentication may fail to authenticate new users
- The GFI MailArchiver services will fail to start when running Deployment Manager in Advanced Mode
- When adding a large number of retention policies, only the first few can be viewed
- Certain Unicode characters in archived emails will not be displayed properly when viewing them in the GFI MailArchiver UI
- GFI MailArchiver Import/Export: Emails that have Unicode characters in their subject will appear corrupt under the GFI MailArchiver Archive -> Conversation view when importing them via the PST Import in the Import Export Utility
- IE7 / IE9 hangs when Search index management word breaker language drop down is opened
- Not all archive stores are shown in GFI MailArchiver UI drop down list in lower resolutions
- After GFI MailArchiver 2011 R2 is installed, the Web UI fails to start with “HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.” The problem occurs if the Windows Server is not fully patched. Refer to http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID004120 for more information and how to solve the issue.
- Under certain conditions, the GFI MailArchiver Outlook Connector’s Search page may not display the slider bar to navigate from one page to another. If this happens, you can resize the GFI MailArchiver Outlook Connector’s Search window so that the slide bar becomes visible.
AS OF THIS RELEASE, GFI MAILARCHIVER REQUIRES THE FULL MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4 TO BE INSTALLED. THIS MUST BE INSTALLED MANUALLY BEFORE YOU INSTALL GFI MAILARCHIVER AND IT MAY REQUIRE A MACHINE REBOOT.
Where to download:
The latest version of GFI MailArchiver can be diownloaded from http://www.gfi.com/downloads/mirrors.aspx?pid=mar.
If you are upgrading from previous GFI MailArchiver versions (GFI MailArchiver 6 or before), you need a get a new license key. Please follow the following link http://kbase.gfi.com/showarticle.asp?id=KBID003408 for instructions how to upgrade your license.
If you are upgrading from GFI MailArchiver 5 or later, during the install process you will be asked to upgrade the Archive Stores schema. When pressing the Upgrade button, a tool will run to upgrade all Archive Stores and Auditing schemas.