This article describes the process to change the date and time when Archiver checks if emails are being archived or not.
By default, Archiver performs this check every weekday (Monday to Friday) between 11:00 and 12:00 (noon).
When Archiver detects that emails are not being archived, an automated email is sent to the administrator notifying him on the issue. There are many different reasons why email is not being archived, for example, because of a wrong configuration, a problem with Microsoft Exchange or simply because emails have not been received in that particular period.
GFI MailArchiver 2013 R2 or newer
Note: This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
Changing the Weekend Days
- Open the folder:
- GFI MailArchiver 2014 or newer: ..\InstallationFolder\Core\Data
- GFI MailArchiver 2013 R2: ..\InstallationFolder\Core2\Data
- Open product.config in Notepad.
- Locate the following key:
<add key="DaysOff" value="Saturday|Sunday" />
- Change the value according to your desired configuration. Allowed values are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Changing the Time
Note: It is not recommended to change this setting.
- From the start menu, select Run and type:
- Stop the GFI Archiver Core service.
- Locate the GFI Archiver installation folder and open ..\Core\Data\MArcSettings.xml in Notepad.
- Locate the following block:
- Change the Start or End values to the desired hour (0 to 24).
- Save and start the GFI Archiver Core service.
Note: When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, the product.config file mentioned in this section will be overwritten with a default version making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.