This article describes the process to change the initial database created by GFI Archiver. When GFI Archiver creates a new Archive Store, the Microsoft SQL database expands the database files to 1.1GB in size by default:
- MDF file: 1024MB
- LDF file: 100MB
To change the initial database size that GFI Archiver will create, please do the following:
NOTE: This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Stop the GFI Archiver Store service.
- Open the file ..\GFI\Archiver\Store\Data\product.config in Notepad.
- Find the following two lines:
<add key="DBInitialSize" value="1024" />
<add key="DBAutoGrowth" value="100" />
- Change the value of these keys to the desired value in MB:
- DBInitialSize refers to the initial size of the MDF file.
- DBAutoGrowth refers to the initial size of the LDF file (the transaction log) and also defines its autogrowth (how much the file increases in size each time).
- Save the file.
- Start the GFI Archiver Store service.
- Changing these settings does not have any effect on existing databases. It only affects the process when new databases are being created.
- When upgrading to a newer version of GFI Archiver, installation files mentioned in this procedure will be overwritten with default versions making the changes void and ineffective. It is therefore suggested to keep a record of this procedure and follow it once again directly after upgrading to keep this functionality intact.