This article provides the steps to configure the IMAP Server in GFI Archiver, allowing connectivity to the archived content through alternative means than the preferred tools.
Customer needs access to the stored Archived mail and is unable to use the preferred tools (web console or the Outlook connector)
To configure the IMAP Server:
- From the Configuration page, select IMAP Server.
- Click Configure IMAP Server.
- Select Enable IMAP Server checkbox.
- (Optional) In the Port Number field, enter a value and click Check Availability.
The default port number is 44143. Changing the port number effects clients that have been configured to use this port.
- In the Network Interface field, select the listening network card from the available options. GFI Archiver scans your system and lists discovered network interface cards as possible options. It is however recommended to retain default setting (All Network Interfaces).
- In the Server URL field, key in the address of the IMAP server to be used by mail clients.
The IMAP Server is restarted whenever there are changes in IMAP server configuration related to network card interface or listening port number. All clients are disconnected when the IMAP server is restarted.
- Use the Maximum months to show in mail clients field to set the period of time (in months) GFI Archiver goes back and retrieves emails (default set to 12 months).
- (Optional) Select Enable SSL Security checkbox to enable secure transmission of information. For more information refer to Working With Certificates.
If Force SSL certificate is selected, email clients will authenticate using a valid certificate. Authentication is refused if the client tries to connect unencrypted.
- Click Save to finish the configuration.
After configuring the IMAP server to allow connectivity, launch your preferred IMAP compatible mail client. Add a new IMAP account in the chosen software. Each individual connecting via IMAP will use their personal credentials (Active Directory or GFI Directory) combined with the server settings configured per the above steps. After adding the enabled IMAP server, allow the system to synchronize the mail and review the archived content via the IMAP mail client.