- There are specific instances when the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector's synchronized cache will need to be freshly synchronized with the most up to date information from the GFI Archiver server.
- This article shares the process for performing a fresh synchronization between GFI Outlook Connector and GFI Archiver.
Perform these steps for every user on each personal workstation:
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- Navigate to the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector installation folder, located with the user's local application data path:
- Microsoft Windows Vista or newer: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\GFI\Archiver
- Microsoft Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\GFI\Archiver
- Rename the local cache file within this directory from alphanumeric_filename.FDB to alphanumeric_filename.OLD. If multiple FDB extension files are present:
- Open the StoreSettings.xml file.
- Locate the Store ID attributed with the user whose cache is to be re-synchronized. This will match that of the FDB filename to be renamed.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Leave Microsoft Outlook open until the GFI Archiver Outlook Connector store fully synchronizes.