It is possible to select who has access to the Configuration tab. Once this option is set, the default and historical permissions that allowed Domain Administrators access to the configuration tab are removed.
If one removes access to the Configuration tab by assigning it to an overly restrictive group, or to a single individual, one can perform the following steps to force Archiver to reset the permissions to the default:
- Stop all Archiver services
- Rename the file ..\GFI\Archiver\Core\Data\MARCSETTINGS.BIN to MARCSETTINGS.BIN_OLD
- Start all Archiver services
NOTE: the 6 GFI Archiver services can be stopped/started/restarted in 2 ways:
- manually from the Services Microsoft Snap-in
- via pre-configured batch scripts located within the default GFI Archiver installation folder (
This will restore the default permissions and grant Domain Administrators access to the Configuration tab. Note that this will also reset any other roles and permissions settings that were configured beforehand, therefore Roles and Permissions need to be reconfigured after the reset.