This article describes the process and necessary information to run the Import-Export Tool from a machine other than the server.
To run the Import-Export Tool from another machine than the Archiver server, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Copy the folder ..\GFI\Archiver\MarcImportExport from the Archiver server to a remote machine (where you have Microsoft Outlook installed)
- Run the tool from the remote machine by launching MarcImportExport.exe or MArcImportExport_x64.exe (depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook installed)
- Make sure that the remote machine has the full version of the .NET Framework 4 installed. You can check this by navigating to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, which must list two entries:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended
- The full version can be downloaded from the Microsoft Website.
- When running the Import-Export Tool on another machine to import items into GFI Archiver:
- Share the folder ..\GFI\Archiver\MAIS\Pickup on the GFI Archiver server.
- Ensure that Write permissions are granted following the steps depending on your operating system:
In Windows Server 2008:
- Right-click Pickup folder and click Share…
- Specify the credentials under which the Import/Export Tool will run
- Click Add.
- From the Permission Level drop-down list next to the added user, choose Co-owner.
- Choose Share and click Done.
In Windows Server 2012/2016:
- Right-click the Pickup Folder and share with Advanced sharing.
- In the Sharing tab, click Advanced Sharing.
- Check the Share this folder box.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Specify the user credentials under which the Import/Export Tool will run. Ensure Full Control is selected for the added user.
- Click OK.
- In Windows Server 2008:
- When going through the Import-Export Tools wizard, choose the Importing path to point to the shared Pickup folder on the GFI Archiver server.
- It might be needed to manually register redemption.dll for older versions of the Import-Export Tool when running it on another machine
- Open Command prompt (elevated).
- Change the folder to where ..\MarcImportExport was copied to.
- Run the following command: