Versions / Builds Affected20131111 or older
Problem SummaryPassword with special character and using Forms authentication makes Outlook Connector fail to connect.
TT / JIRAID1698
How to Identify1. Server is configured to for Forms authentication
2. User has a special character like & in their password
3. The Outlook Connector fails to connect to the server
4. The username and password were entered correctly entere into the Outlook Connector's dialog
5. The user account is NOT locked or disabled in AD
6. When using IE the very same user can log into the web interface properly
The W3C logs from the IIS server show a 420 error and the special character in the password is not escaped:
2013-10-06 10:51:32 172.19.106.131 POST /MailArchiver/services/outlook.asmx - 80 DOMAIN\JohnDoe 172.19.106.137 - 420 0 0 210
2013-10-06 10:51:34 172.19.106.131 POST /mailarchiver/securitytest.ashx username=domain%5Cjohndoe&password=Password&1 80 DOMAIN\JohnDoe 172.19.106.137 - 420 0 64 3041
In the example above the password was set to: Password&1
Workaround / Fix DetailsUse Windows Authentication.
Change the password so that it does not contain special characters.
Fixed in MARC 2014 build 20140616
Required ActionsUse workaround or upgrade to version mentioned above