PROBLEMSaving changes to Configuration > General Settings > Version Check Settings fails and the error 'Could not connect with settings provided' is displayed.
The debug log DashboardCore.log reads:
"info ","DashboardCore",">> CollectData"
"info ","DashboardCore","Updates URL is https://update.gfi.com/license/gfi.key"
"error ","DashboardCore","Error: CollectData() - Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
- GFI Archiver
- All supported environments
SOLUTIONIMPORTANT: Technical support should assist when facing this issue
- This procedure requires to edit files manually. If edited incorrectly it can leave the server in a non-operational state. Please keep backups of any file which is edited throughout this article before saving any changes to them.
- Check ..\InstallationFolder\Core\Data\MArcSettings.xml for missing sections
- Stop all GFI Archiver services
- Add the missing section (for example, use a MArcSettings.xml from a fresh installation as a source)
- Start all GFI Archiver services
- In the reference case, the whole <UMPolling> section was missing.