When opening the web interface of Archiver in a browser the user gets logged in as a different user when using Windows Authentication.
- The user "John Smith" logs into his Windows workstation.
- Opens Internet Explorer.
- Launches the Archiver web interface.
- The web interface indicates that he is logged in as 'John Smith (ADM)', which is effectively a different user name.
DISCLAIMER: The personal contact information in this article is fictitious and is purely meant for instructional purposes.
- All supported environments
Credentials (username and password) from the other user are stored within the Windows Credential Manager (also known as the Windows Vault).
Follow these steps to resolve this issue:
- Open: Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager (or search for 'Vault' within the Windows Control Panel).
- Check all entries which refer to the other user ('John Smith (ADM)' as per the example above).
- Remove such records which point to the GFI Archiver server host or IP address.