This article provides the steps required to move the GFI Archiver to a new server. Keep in mind that you can move the archive stores one by one, as explained in the process herein, starting by the oldest, and leaving the current one for last.
- GFI Archiver in a production server.
- GFI Archiver in a new server.
In the old server:
- Open the web page.
- Navigate to Configuration > Archive Stores.
- Select an existing Archive Store and click Summary. Take a screenshot.
- Select an existing Archive Store and click Detach.
- When prompted, click OK.
- Move the index and binary folders (the binary folder only applies if the Archive Store type is SQL plus File storage) to the new server.
- Open the GFI Archiver web interface on the new server.
- Navigate to Configuration > Archive Stores and click on Attach.
- Follow the wizard using the SQL settings and new paths.
Once you have moved all the Archive Stores but the current one, follow the below steps:
On Server_Old, disable archiving for all journal mailboxes:
- From the GFI Archiver web interface, go to Mail Servers to Archive.
- Select a journal mailbox.
- Click Deactivate.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes to make sure that all items within the GFI Archiver queue are processed.
- Move the Archive Store to the new server.
Once you have the current Archive Store in the new server:
- From to the GFI Archiver web interface, go to Mail Servers to Archive.
- Add the journal mailbox, so that the new server starts downloading emails from it.