This article will provide steps to resolve the web fatal error "A potentially dangerous request.path value was detected from the client" after opening an email in the Archive tab
Users reviewing their mail in the Archive tab preview panes may choose to open the mail by double clicking it to open it as the message itself. The potentially dangerous request.path value was detected from the client error shows as seen in the screenshot. This unhandled exception in the /Archiver Application is generally caused by a caching issue.
Opening a mail should resolve as seen below.
This error can be resolved by clearing the cache and cookies of the browser in use, restarting the browser, and opening the mail again. See the steps for Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox below.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Select Tools > Internet Options
- From the General Tab, under Browsing History Select Delete
- Make sure Temporary Internet Files and website files and Cookies and website data are selected and select Delete
- Launch Google Chrome
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL
- Change the Time Range to All Time with Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files selected
- Select Clear data
- Click the menu button and select .
- Select the panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click .
- Select Cookies and Site Data and Cached Web Content
- Click Clear
After purging your browser of cache and cookies, close the browser and re-launch the GFI Archiver console.
Once the cache has been cleared and the user has logged in to the Archiver console again navigate to the Archive tab and locate the email you are trying to open. Double click the email and it should launch as shown again below.