This article provides information on the settings available within the Archiver Outlook Connector
Outlook Connector must be installed either via manual installation or the .msi package using GPO
When Outlook Connector is installed on the user’s machine, default settings are sufficient for the Outlook Connector to operate. However, various settings can be customized to suit the user’s preferences.
Selecting the Options > Settings button in the Outlook Connector ribbon provides access to General Settings and Offline Access.
- The General tab allows users to set the URL of the Archiver server. (Default format is http://localhost/Archiver)
- The Synchronization Interval is how long between each check in to the Archiver server to download local copies of the mail.
- Maximum number of emails in local cache allows users to cap the amount of email, allowing control of the size of the database
- Offline Access allows users to Enable or Disable Offline Access to the Archiver Mailbox and Store emails for a certain time period.
Adding a new mailbox
By default GFI Archiver connects only to one mailbox using the credentials specified during installation. To configure Outlook Connector to connect with more than one mailbox:
- Load Microsoft Outlook data file management screen:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007: Navigate to File > Data File Management.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010: Click File tab, select Account Settings button and click Account Settings… option. Select Data Files tab.
- From the dialog/tab, select GFI Archiver Mailbox and click Add….
- Select GFI Archiver and click OK. A dialog will appear with the list of user mailboxes to which the connected user has access to.
- Select the mailbox to add and click OK. The new mailboxes will be added in the Microsoft Outlook Folder List.
If the user does not have access to the mailboxes, the user list will be empty and an error message will appear.
Outlook Connector stores the following data in a local database:
- Email headers of all emails within the GFI Archiver mail archives
- Emails which are accessible when there is no connection between GFI Archiver and Microsoft Outlook (Offline Access).
To access these database settings:
- From the Microsoft Outlook mail folders, right-click the GFI Archiver mailbox to configure and select:
- Microsoft Outlook 2007: Properties for “GFI Archiver Mailbox”…
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 or newer: Data File Properties
- From the properties dialog, click Advanced.
The mailbox name, database path and database size are displayed in the Outlook Connector dialog.
Click Resynchronize email store to delete the locally stored database and resynchronize all data for that particular mailbox when Microsoft Outlook® is restarted.
As each client may need different settings, the only way to confirm if the settings are correct is to review each setting manually. Navigate to Outlook Connector ribbon Options > Settings to access the settings and confirm appropriate settings for your environment are configured.