This article provides a solution to the "Initialization Error" that occurs when opening the new Archiver UI via the web console
As of Archiver 15 a new version of the Archiver Console was launched that requires .Net 4.7 or higher to function correctly. The Initialization error will occur when selecting Try New UI when running .Net 4.6 or earlier. To confirm you are running the new UI check the url and it will end in /archiverspa.
Follow the steps below to verify the installed version of .Net framework and install the latest release available on the Archiver server to resolve functionality in the new UI.
- Close the GFI Archiver Web Console
- To determine what version of .Net is running follow the steps in How to: Determine which .NET Framework versions are installed from Microsoft
- Install the latest version of .Net Framework
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 offline installer for Windows
- Navigate to services.msc (Start > Programs > Windows Administrative Tools > Services)
- If possible restart the server. Otherwise, Restart the GFI Archiver Services
After installing the latest version of .Net Framework and restarting the service re-launch the Archiver Web console and select Try New UI from the home page. The new UI should now load successfully without receiving the Initialization error.